President’s Day in Miami, 2021February 12, 2021
Every day is eventful in Miami! And with President’s Day on the horizon, it’s time to get out! From cruises and boat rides to beach/park picnics, Miami has so much to do this Monday!
Although many attractions remain closed, several tours that can be conducted safely and within health department and CDC guidelines have reopened as have most outdoor activities. Below is a list of activities, tours, and attractions that are available! Call for reservations.
- Marinas are open and the following operators are taking reservations for Biscayne Bay Cruises now:
- Beaches and Parks are open, time to go for a swim, kayaking, jetskiing, parasailing…:
- From Dinner Key Marina: 30- or 60-minute Jet Ski Rides on a brand new Sea Doo GTI 130, Parasailing, Flyboarding, Paddleboarding and Kayaking, Tubing.
- At Hobie Beach (Rickenbacker Causeway): Windsurfing rentals, individual and group lessons available, Hobie Cat Sailing, Paddleboarding and Kayaking.
- Crandon Park, Bill Sadowski Preserve, Matheson Hammock Park: Kayak Treks and Adventures.
- At Oleta River State Park: Paddleboard and Kayak Rental, Standup Paddleboard Yoga Classes.
- With pick up from your hotel: 3-hour Jet Ski Tour covering downtown Miami, Key Biscayne, and Brickell Key, Fisher Island, Star Island with a stop in Monument Island
- Snorkeling Boats have resumed operations in the Florida Keys and at Biscayne National Park and John Pennekamp State Park
- The Everglades are open! Except for Shark Valley which remains closed for visitor safety as a result of high water levels after both hurricane Eta and Iota.
- The following outifts are conducting Airboat and Eco Tours now:
- Gator Park: Everglades National Park Airboat Tour and Wildlife Show
- Everglades Safari Park: $23.60 Discount tickets at Klook.com, from Miami incl. transport: Half-Day Everglades Airboat Ride & Wildlife Show
- Sawgrass Recreation Park: Private Tour for your group only, Night Tour (Wednesdays and Saturdays only)
- Everglades Area Tours: Mangrove Tunnel Kayak Eco-Tour meet at Everglades Chamber of Commerce Welcome Center Hwy 41/Hwy 29 Everglades City
- Here’s more on Everglades Airboat Tours
- Segway Tours have reopened and they are a great way to discover the Art Deco District, Ocean Drive, Fisher Island… You see a lot more gliding around than on foot while enjoying the breathtaking views and some fresh air! These Segway Tours are running right now
- The Wynwood Arts District is open, come check out this fantastic open-air museum with its stunning street art. A fun way to see it is with the 1-Hour Street Art Tour by Golf Buggy.
- Lion Country Safari Drive-through Safari is OPEN
- Zoo Miami is OPEN, tickets must be purchased online, members and Summer Pass holders must also make a reservation for the day of their visit.
- Jungle Island is OPEN
$53.00$46.80 Discount tickets at Klook.com
- The gardens at Vizcaya Museum and Gardens are OPEN
- The outdoor areas at the Deering Estate are OPEN and hikes and kayak rentals have resumed. Ghost Tours will restart this September.
- Tidal Cove Water Park at the JW Marriott Miami Turnberry Resort & Spa is OPEN
- The Fairchild Tropical Botanic Gardens are OPEN